Who We Are
EDGE Funders Alliance organizes within philanthropy to raise awareness and deepen understanding of the interconnected nature of the social, economic and ecological crises threatening our common future. EDGE works to increase resources for communities and movements creating systemic change alternatives for a transition to a society that supports justice, equity and the well-being of the planet.
- We are funders and donors committed to global social change philanthropy, who believe that equity and justice – around gender, race, class, sexual orientation, nationality, migration status, and ability – are critical to furthering sustainable international well-being.
- We believe that support for local community empowerment, more democratic national and international governance and strengthened grassroots and transnational movements go hand in hand; and that here-and-now efforts focused on struggles for a better life keeps our work grounded, while long-term efforts to build “another possible world” helps keep ultimate goals in sight.
- We value the experience and perspectives of local communities, and recognize the importance of networking and organizing between grassroots groups and their civil society allies.
- While diverse in our issues, strategies and grantmaking, we believe that to be effective as social change philanthropists, we must promote an internal culture that is empowering, accountable, compassionate, inclusive and democratic.
- Through our efforts and in partnership with grassroots and civil society allies at home and abroad we hope together to more effectively support the transformation of our world into a livable global community that is just, responsible and sustainable for all.
In order to pursue our mission, we:
DEVELOP AND SHARE KNOWLEDGE
Facilitate peer learning, research and reflection on just transition strategies and systemic alternatives, in collaboration with partners beyond philanthropy.
Build trust and forge alliances between philanthropy, activists and movement partners around the world.
INSPIRE, MOBILIZE & ORGANISE
Inspire, mobilize and organise funders to coordinate funding strategies and support movement building for systemic change.